The Federal Government has said over four million persons have so far applied for the 2020 N-Power Batch C recruitment.
According to the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Mrs Sadiya Farouq, since the portal was opened about sixteen days ago, Nigerians have responded positively.
She stated this in a tweet on her handle, adding that her Ministry will ensure the successful transition of the N-Power beneficiaries.
She said: “It has been 16 days since the portal opened and we have received 4.48 million applications to date. My team and I continue to interface with stakeholders to ensure a successful transition for the @npower_ng. It has been 16 days since the portal opened and we have received 4.48 million applications to date.”
It would be recalled that on Friday, June 26, 2020, N-Power opened its application portal for registration of the June 2020 Batch C intakes.
The Federal Government, had earlier said it will absorb 400,000 fresh beneficiaries into the Scheme after the exit of the Batch A on June 30, 2020 and Batch B on July 31, 2020.
N-Power is a social intervention Scheme of the Federal Government which was launched in 2016.
According to the N-Power scheme, over 500,000 persons have thus far benefited since its inception by the President Muhammadu Buhari Government.