Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde, has approved a total of eight road projects in various zones of the State for immediate rehabilitation and reconstruction.
The State’s Commissioner for Public Works and Transport, Prof Raphael Afonja, who revealed this development in a statement on Friday, March 27, 2020, said infrastructural development remained a key focus of the present administration.
The Commissioner noted that the present administration in the State is prepared to ensure the uplift of its infrastructure, adding the Government would ensure that adequate attention is given to road infrastructure that target the economic expansion drive of the State.
The statement noted that the decision of Governor Makinde to devote a large chunk of the 2020 budget (23.93 percent) to that sector was informed by his determination to ensure infrastructural growth in the State.
It reinstated the decision of the present administration to institute a culture of quality road construction in the State, noting that the Government is ready to build roads that would stand the test of time.
The statement added that Engineers from the Ministry of Public Works and Infrastructure have visited the locations of the affected hydraulic structures, while necessary appraisal reports have been submitted.
The approved roads from the various zones of the State, for rehabilitation and reconstruction include:
1. Airport -Ajia-New Ife Express way with spur to Amuloko (21KM).
2. Apete-Awotan-Akufo junction road (12.0KM).
3. Saki-Ogbooro-Igboho (44.70Km).
4. Reconstruction of Under G-Stadium-LAUTECH Gate Road, Ogbomoso (3.0KM).
5. Takie-FGGC Road, Ogbomoso (2.5KM).
6. Reconstruction of Isaba-Ogundoyin Road, Eruwa (2.50KM).
7. Rehabilitation of Gedu-Oroki-Sabo-Asipa Road, Oyo (5.20KM).
8. Akingbile-Lagbeja-Ajibode road (3.0KM).”