Lagos Confirms Two Deaths From COVID-19

 Lagos Confirms Two Deaths From COVID-19

The Lagos State government has confirmed the death of two coronavirus patients at its isolation centres in the state.

The Commissioner for Health in the state, Professor Akin Abayomi, announced this on Tuesday, April 21, 2020, while giving an update on the virus.

Abayomi, who made the disclosure via his Twitter handle, said the fatalities involved a male and a female

The commissioner explained that one of the new deaths was a 45-year-old Nigerian man who returned from India in January, 2020, while the second death involved a 36-year-old Nigerian woman who had a severe underlying health condition.

Abayomi stated that the 36 year old patient had no history of travel or contact with any confirmed case of coronavirus.

According to the state government, Lagos has confirmed a total of 379 infections with 260 active cases.

It said 98 people have fully recovered and had been discharged, while a total of 16 deaths have so far been recorded in the state.

Related post

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: