Knife Attack Suspect Was Ex-Terror Convict — London Police

 Knife Attack Suspect Was Ex-Terror Convict — London Police

Police officers and emergency staff work at the site of an incident at London Bridge in London, Britain, November 29, 2019. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls

London Police has disclosed that the suspect of the London bridge knife attack was an ex-terror convict.

The former prisoner convicted for terrorism offences and  released last year is of stabbing two people to death in a terror attack on London Bridge .

Police  who made the disclosure on Saturday identified the man, who was shot dead by officers after Friday’s attack, as 28-year-old Usman Khan, saying they were not actively seeking any other suspects in relation to the incident.

“This individual was known to authorities, having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offences. He was released from prison in December 2018 on licence,” Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said in a statement.

Three more people were wounded in the daylight stabbing spree which revived memories of a three-man attack on London Bridge two years ago that killed eight.

Basu said that Khan had been living in the Staffordshire region of central England and officers were searching an address in that area.

“The circumstances, as we currently understand them, are that the attacker attended an event earlier on Friday afternoon at Fishmonger’s Hall called ‘Learning Together’,” the statement said.

“We believe that the attack began inside before he left the building and proceeded onto London Bridge, where he was detained and subsequently confronted and shot by armed officers.”

Fishmonger’s Hall is a historic listed building on the north side of the bridge in the centre of the capital.

admin

Related post

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: