We live in a time when humanity more than ever before has become more aware of the need to boost her immune system in the wake of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
While the medical experts have repeatedly warned that no food item has proven to be a cure for COVID-19, the World Health Organisation (WHO) have equally adviced that everyone eat healthy and priritize their wellness in order to boost their immune systems in these trying times.
So, here is an idea on how to make extra income while working from home particularly in this era of lockdown and downsizing of staff at various oragnisations.
The demand for ginger juice is on the rise as most individuals are thinking of turning a leaf by saying goodbye to carbonated drink and embracing more healthy options. Hence, ginger juice seems to is a great option and a healthy start to wellness.
With the whole lockdown and restriction of movement and business, learning how to make your own homemade ginger juice may not just be beneficial for you but can be a steady source of income too.
This is because you could supply to people in your neighbourhood who may not be able to readily get one off-the-shelf due to lockdown and restriction of movement.
Also, the ginger root of the flowering ginger plant holds various nutritional benefits when compared to carbonated drinks. According to the Medical News Today some research indicates that ginger may improve digestive health, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain, among other benefits. But, while ginger is considered to be safe to include in the diet, scientific evidence does not support some claims about ginger’s healing qualities.
So, here is a quick recipe on how to make your very own homemade ginger juice.
- Fresh ginger root
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Cups of water (adjust to desired quantity , with more or less)
- Honey (optional)
- Peel ginger to remove skin.
- Chop ginger into rough chunks, small enough to easily blend in a blender or food processor.
- Bring about desired cups of water to a boil.
- Place ginger into a blender, add some water and blend until ginger is thick and pasty.
- Add ginger paste in a large bowl and pour the boiled water into it.
- Cover the bowl and leave for about 5minutes.
- Sieve ginger using cheese cloth over large bowl or cup, then squeeze out juice from ginger and let it fall into the bowl. Discard the remaining paste.
- Add lemon juice and honey into the ginger juice and stir.
- Pour in a glass and serve hot or leave to cool and serve with ice if desired.