China Virus Death Toll Rises To 41

 China Virus Death Toll Rises To 41

Authorities in China have disclosed that the deadly viral outbreak in the Country has now killed 41 people, while the number of infected cases has soared to nearly 1, 300.

The Hubei Health Commission said on Saturday, January 25, 2020, that the 15 new deaths all took place in Wuhan, the city of 11 million where the deadly respiratory contagion first emerged.

In a separate statement, the National Health Commission disclosed that at least 444 new cases of the virus have been found, raising the total number to 1, 287.

The disease has spread to 30 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities.

Wuhan and 13 other cities in Hubei have been locked down in an unprecedented quarantine effort aimed at containing the deadly respiratory contagion, which has spread to several other countries.

The Hubei Health Commission also reported 180 new cases overall in the province, 77 of them in Wuhan but the bulk of the rest spread out across the locked- down smaller cities.

The National Health Commission said there are now 729 cases in Hubei alone, as several of those cities are reporting their first cases of the pathogen, 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019- nCoV).

The previously unknown virus has caused global concern because of its similarity to SARS ( Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome ), which killed hundreds across mainland China and Hong Kong in 2002- 2003.

Atinúkẹ́ Ṣeun-Ìgè

Related post

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: